BBC Breakfast: Jennie Bond discusses Queen’s recent health concerns
Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top Royal stories again.
Prince Charles and Prince William have been hailed as “the right men for the job” as they travel to Glasgow for the COP26 without the Queen .The two future kings will be joined by the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge, and are expected to “charm delegates” at the important climate summit.Her Majesty was due to attend and host a diplomatic reception, but announced on October 27 that she had “regretfully” accepted the advice of her medical team and would remain at Windsor Castle.
Harry and Meghan’s glamorous US neighbours ‘don’t want to touch the…
Prince William left Kate in ‘tears’ after cancelling plans
Charles, William, Kate and Camilla are expected to arrive in Glasgow on October 31 (Image: GETTY) Speaking on the Palace Confidential podcast, royal expert Rebecca English said: “This is something that Buckingham Palace were very keen to get across, that the Queen made this decision very regretfully and she’s recording a video message at Windsor Castle at the end of this week, to be played to delegates at the opening of COP26.
“She’s made very clear that she wants the summit to be a success and that meaningful action will come out of it.
“Of course, they are still rolling out the royal big guns, we’ve got the new Fab Four so to speak, we’ve got Charles, Camilla, we’ve got William and Kate all out there to charm delegates and represent Britain PLC.
“Charles and William have pretty strong eco-credentials of their own, so they’re definitely the right men for the job.”
READ MORE: Royal Family at ‘watershed moment’ as Firm has ‘unique’ role to play in global fight
The Queen has cancelled two weeks of royal engagements following advice from her doctors (Image: GETTY) Both Prince Charles and Prince William are expected to give speeches and will attend a diplomatic reception for world leaders on Monday evening.
The Prince of Wales is a renowned environmental campaigner, and told the COP21 audience in 2015 that there was “no greater threat to humanity” than climate change.
Last year, he launched his Terra Carta initiative, which encourages businesses to embrace a sustainable future and asks signatories to agree to almost 100 actions to become more sustainable by 2030.
His son has followed in his footsteps, and has recently launched The Earthshot Prize, which has been billed as “the most ambitious environmental award in history”.
COP26: It’s time for younger royals to step up to the plate says Myers
The Duke of Cambridge established the Prize alongside Sir David Attenborough, with the aim of “creating positivity” within the climate change debate.
For the next decade, five winners will be awarded £1million each to invest in their innovative environmental solutions.
On October 17, the 39-year-old prince stepped out on the green carpet with Kate and welcomed celebrities and activists to Alexandra Palace for the televised awards ceremony.
Winners of this year’s inaugural Prize included a coral reef farm from the Bahamas, a city-wide initiative from Milan and the Republic of Costa Rica for their conservation efforts.
Queen health latest: Boris issues urgent ‘precautions’ update after speaking to monarch [LATEST]
Queen was ‘disappointed’ by William and Kate split: ‘Don’t hurry into anything!’ [INSIGHT]
Kate and Prince William are monarchy’s ‘secret weapon’ amid republican threat [ANALYSIS]
Meghan Markle mocked as Aussie TV hosts burst into laughter
‘Posers and wanabes’ Meghan and Harry struggle to salvage reputation
Prince Charles and Prince William are in the direct line of succession (Image: EXPRESS.CO.UK) Trending Earlier this month, the Queen was overheard talking about her irritation at COP26 and the climate crisis, as she expresed her frustration at world leaders who just “talk” but “don’t do”.
She had originally been due to travel to Glasgow this weekend, but announced on Wednesday that she would be remaining at Windsor under the advice from her doctors.
The 95-year-old monarch initially fell ill on October 20 and was forced to cancel a trip to Northern Ireland.It was subsequently revealed that she had stayed overnight at King Edward VII hospital in Marylebone for “preliminary investigations”.
Aside from undertaking “l ight, desk-based duties”, she has cancelled her official engagements for the next two weeks.
After ascending to the throne in 1952, Queen Elizabeth II is the longest-serving monarch in British history.
Related articles Sussex title row erupts as Meghan Markle reaches out to Londoners Royal Family LIVE: Meghan mocked as she uses title AGAIN in political Prince William left Kate in ‘tears’ after cancelling plans.